Sunday, December 4, 2011

YW Release

For the past 2 years I have been the Young Women President in our ward. I was put in shortly after Ryder was born. I feel like I gave everything I had for this calling. It was very hard on my family. I spent approximately 20 hours a week, preparing, in meetings, mutual night, visiting, or praying. I struggled. Being released was very hard on me. I asked the Bishop to release me, my time was over. It was very hard. It was hard being president, it was hard being released, it was hard serving, it was hard being away from my family, it was hard doing my best while others looking on with critical words. Boys you can do hard things. Set your mind to it. ALWAYS stand up for what you believe, and do not back down. I know God lives, he loves me and he loves each of you. If you serve him, he will bless you, and he did our family. I know this to be true. I know that I am lead by God, he is my light, and I try to follow his light daily. God sends tender mercies our way through other people. The morning I was to be released, I got out of bed after a sleepless night and went running. I run up the La Caille trial, when I run with Marta or Mom, we leave a snowman on the sign at the top of the trail to let whoever comes by to know that we love them. That morning in the early hours of the morning I found a snowman on the top of the sign at the top of the trail. God knew I needed a hug, he knew I felt alone, he knew I was sad. He knew that for me to make it through that day I was going to need a hug. And I got one. As I looked at the snowman, I knew God was proud of the work I had done. The song on my Ipod, playing into my head was "It's the Climb."- This is true, the joy comes in how you handle the Climb, in the trials, when it is rough if you stay true to yourself and God. Be strong in the Climb, the Climb is always up hill, but God will carry if you need him to. I love you my boys. Know, you are my most precious possession, I am so blessed to have you forever. XOXOX Love you! Mom

No comments: