Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Chair Lift and Emma

Emma fell of the chair lift.. Yes I know unbelievable. Ryder and myself were on the chair behind her, which was a miracle, we did not go skiing together and found each other moments before getting on the chair. I watched as Emma floated arms and legs out and fell 23.5 feet to 9 inches of powder at Alta. Bode was on the chair behind me with Cliff and has been traumatized from the incident. We were near the top of the lift, Heidi and Dave lifted the bar, and Emma slipped off the chair. I screamed in terror, and Emma fell what I thought was to her death. Cliff recalls looking down at Emma and thinking, I should jump.. If I do I will die, 23.5 feet is far, and she should have died. Heidi had time to look at Emma, make eye contact with me, turn around count to 10 and get off the chair. By the time we reached Emma maybe 45 seconds after it happened she was crying and up on all 4's. Heidi picked her up and started racing down the mountain for help. I was next to her, Ryder in my arms racing down. Heidi was talking to Emma and trying to keep her wake, her coloring was not good almost green. I got ahead of Heidi found patrol on the snowmobile and told them to stop. Heidi pulls up with Emma in her arms, the patrolmen looks at Emma and says lets go decide if we are calling Life Flight. Heidi, Emma, and now the Doc who was on the lift are all loaded on the snowmobile and headed to the clinic. I stop call dad and say " Emma just fell of the ski lift. Pray now." and I hung up racing toward the car with skis and children and gear to get to the clinic to see if she is okay. As I am loading the skis I say to Bode- Look straight down that canyon and you tell me if you see a helicopter.
Emma was at the clinic, her dad gave her a blessing, she was held at primary children s over night, but was fine. Bode who watched the incident was more traumatized then she was.

Many miracles surrounded her and took place in her behave that day. Miracle 1- I was on the chair behind her. Miracle 2- She landed almost on her chest with arms and legs out, and slowly as if floating on angels wings. Miracle 3- The Doctor was on the chair behind cliff. Miracle 4- When I called Dad he was at Marta's home, he walked in the house, yelled I need everyone now. His hand were a mess, he had been cleaning the barbequer, he dropped to his knees and with his hands above his head called down the angels of heaven to heal his grand baby. Weeping he blessed every part of Emmas body.. and she was healed. Miracle 5- Dave giving Emma a blessing
I have witnessed God in my life today. Amazing, I am so glad we are on the same team. Thank you GOD!

No comments: