Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July Weekend-Paulsen Party

Since I was a little girl I can always remember being in the Granite Parade. Still to this day we like to get together and try and think of something new for the Parade. We had a great time this year. All of us got together for the day and partied. Even though we live so close we rarely get all together and do something REALLY fun. Dave came up with the idea, and it went over really well. It was a little kayo tic, and I think only Whitney and maybe Sam came out with road rash, all in all total success.......Trying to get ready.... I think in total we had 11 ski ropes off the back of the boat...

So the Jeep towed the boat, the boat had all the kids in it throwing candy with tons of squirt guns, then 11 people hanging on the boat with ski ropes with some kind of wheels giving out otter pops. The rope mess...Dave was being pulled on a tub, WAY behind the rest of us. He was sitting on a dolly. By the end of the parade, the dolly no longer had wheels, and Dave was smoking from the metal on the asphalt.... It was hilarious... Sorry about your dolly dad...Keri & Jed getting ready for the parade.Whit getting ready.... do you remember how to use those roller blades???That is Brad Harr... I posted this one for you Marta!! xoxo
Following the parade we went up the Tram had lunch, and hiked-slid the glacier down...Nothing like a little Ice Burn on your hands while trying to slow down before you hit the rocks at the bottom. I will never forget trying to stop in the middle of the glacier field, right off the top of the cirque, while I had Bode on my back.. Hold on little guy, hope this isn't the ride of your life.....
Dad and Sara!! To finish off the weekend, we went wake boarding. And it was really smooth...

Jakob, when you grow up I am going to try and not tease you about your pink life vest!!

So you can either ride, drive or hold the kids... take your pick. You'll get a chance to do them all!! And that is why we love family!!

1 comment:

Märta Harr said...

Thanks for the picture of Brad Sis! Your so kind! It is soooo fun to see your pictures! I am so grateful that I have been fortunate to be a part of several of these memories (with only one exception!). I have got to learn how to take pictures like you! You have some really beautiful ones here! Thanks for sharing with me via this blog! You're soooo amazing! I love you Ker! xoxoxo