Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tri..Tri..Tri

Marta invited us to do a Triathlon. So Katie, Keri & Heidi all made a team and went for it. We did the Park City Triathlon. We have wanted to do this for years. We rock the house.. We did not train, Katie is 6 1/2 months pregnant with Mindy. Not to brag, but we have some mad athletic skill.
So the swam began, Katie's doctor was a little worried about the cold water on "Mindy" so she wasn't standing down in the water.. She was up chit, chatting. The whistle goes off and she continues to stand their.. waiting for the crowd to clear.. Final she gets in the water.. I do the bike next, so I don't expect her for some time.. Well the 1st girl comes out of the water, and to the transition area and I look down the ramp, here comes "Mindy". Katie killed everyone.. Yes she did take state in high school. So I rush off on the bike. Now I am really sick, I have a really sore throat and cannot talk.. It doesn't matter. Heidi ran track in high school. Lets just say this.. We won! Yea, we rock the house! We are so excited maybe next time we will think about training! Or maybe not!
How fun to see our family along the way! Dad riding his bike and Mom swimming. Chandler... I beat you. Yes, Katie swam faster, I rode faster... our runner well maybe she should train.... Thanks Marta for such a fun memory!

No comments: